Programs For Students
The Program Services Department is responsible for supporting the curriculum provided by the Ontario Ministry of Education. Click here to visit the Ministry web site.
Working collaboratively with teachers, principals and community partners, the Program Services Department designs curriculum implementation strategies, provides input on resources and delivers professional development for teaching staff.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board Program Services Department works collaboratively with teachers, principals and community partners to –
- Design curriculum implementation strategies;
- Provide authorized resources and materials that support the curriculum;
- Plan and implement professional development for teaching staff.
This site has been organized to present curriculum materials by subject.
Each subject heading will outline the program of study, the overall expectations for each subject in each grade and will list core and supportive resources that are common to all schools in our system.
- Early Years - JK - SK
- Assessment & Evaluation
- Curriculum Resources
- WCDSB - System Plan For Improved Student Learning
Programs for Students
- Cooperative Education/Career & Experiential Learning
- Student Community Involvement
- Extended Day Before and After School Program
- Family Life and Human Sexuality
- Full-Day Early Learning Kindergarten Program
- Guidance - High School and Beyond
- Ontario Youth Apprenticeships Program
- Pathways - Student Success
- Residential Retreat Experience
- Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM)
- Technological Literacy
- University Cooperative Education Program - UCEP
Resources For Parents
This section includes information for parents to assist them with understanding the curriculum and how they can be supportive of their child’s learning.
This section also includes information about the Provincial Report Card, WCDSB Assessment, Evaluation, Grading and Reporting Policies and tips for Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- Resources For Parents
The Resource Centre is the central library of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board. As part of the Program Services Department, it provides a variety of services to support curriculum and school libraries.
Resource Library Catalogue
The catalogue presently consists of over 100,000 unique titles, which support the teaching of the Ontario Curriculum in a Catholic context.
- EBSCO Journals
- Tips for Parents
We are committed and accountable to ensuring that student improvement is a primary focus in all of our curriculum programming. Our central goal is to ensure that all students demonstrate the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations