Senior Manager of Special Education
Contract Assignment – September 2019 – June 26, 2020
This position requires flexibility in scheduling part time hours. The individual in this position will report to the Supervisory Officer responsible for Special Education.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work cooperatively with the Principal of Student Services and to coordinate strategic planning, policy and budget development, supervision, staff development and school support for the Special Education Department
- Utilize data to appropriately allocate resources
- Supervision and allocation of Special Education support staff
- Provide assignments for Itinerant Support staff
- Coordinate annual training plans for educational assistants and child & youth care workers
- Work closely with Human Resources related to recruitment, training, staff assignments and labour relations
- Assist with negotiations
- Liaise with community agencies and associated related to special education
- Other duties as assigned
Experiences and Qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to:
- A Graduate degree in a field related to programs and services for people with special needs (education,psychology, social work, speech and language, nursing)
- A related professional designation and at least five (5) years of relevant administrative experience
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g,. Education, Occupational Health), policies, and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of funding, policy development, employee relations, budgeting, and staff development/training related to special education is essential
- Possess superior interpersonal, communication, reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to deal effectively with, and gain the confidence of, all levels of staff, trustees and the community
Salary Range: $71,645 – $76,209.90 (prorated to 10 months @ .574 FTE) in accordance with the Senior Manager Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Temporary Contract: .574 FTE or 20 hours/week for 10 months/year
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 55 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach all required documentation required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org while the internal applicants must apply via email@example.com Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on June 14, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.