Permanent Elementary French as a Second Language (FSL) Teachers teaching Grades 4 to 8
General Description of Duties:
The WCDSB’s vision is to make our schools the heart of the community, with success for each and a place for all. Our reputation is proof that we work hard to accomplish this. In support of our vision, we invite applications from all interested Certified teachers with FSL qualifications to apply directly to the posting that can be found on Apply to Education Website:
- Cover letter and resume
- Ontario College of Teachers’ Certificate of Qualification (OCT Number)
- Most Recent Teacher Performance Appraisal (if available)
- Practice teaching reports
- University transcripts (including post-graduate if available)
- Two professional references
- Employed by a School Board on a contract position within the last 24 months – one reference must be the most recent, immediate supervisor.
- Faculty of Education student within the last 12 months and not been employed by a School Board on a contract position – one reference must be a Faculty of Education Advisor or Associate Teacher.
- Returning to a teaching from a leave greater than 24 months – professional and/or academic references or alternative may be personal character references.
Applicants are required to apply directly through Apply to Education at: www.applytoeducation.com and must include evidence of the minimum requirements above.
Applications will be accepted until October 25th, 2018 at 4:00pm.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information on Criminal Background Checks, please refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.