CUPE Local 2512 July 3, 2019
Accounting Clerk – Level 5
Job Posting C-2019-21.1
(Seniority is a determining factor)
General Description of Duties:
- Payment of invoices for the purchase of supplies and services in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare and deliver bank deposits.
- Prepare a variety of journal entries and electronic transactions to the general ledger.
- Respond to inquiries from vendors, schools/departments and staff regarding payment status, budgets and purchase orders with the ability to research and analyze records as necessary to resolve queries.
- Verification of accuracy, completeness and appropriateness of documentation related to supplier invoices and entries.
- Reconcile monthly bank statement to general ledger and prepare adjusting entries.
- Support schools with School Cash Online queries.
- Provide backup for Board’s inter-office mail system.
- Provide backup for Board’s main reception.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two year college diploma in business, accounting or a related field.
- A minimum of two years purchasing or accounts payable experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in a variety of software applications, such as MS Dynamics NAV and MS Office, with strong MS Excel skills.
- Demonstrated sound decision making skills involving the use of initiative, judgement and resourcefulness.
- Organizational skills and multi-tasking in a busy work environment.
- Knowledge of Board Policies and Procedures, sales tax legislation and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of School Cash Online.
Hourly Rate: $25.54 – $27.02 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week
Work Schedule 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (unless otherwise informed by the supervisor)
Weeks/Year: 52 Weeks/Year
Location: Corporate Services at the Catholic Education Centre, Kitchener, ON
[Please note that due to renovations at the Catholic Education Centre, the Corporate Services Department during the period of March 1 – September 30, 2019, will be temporarily moved to St. Agatha School in St. Agatha, ON.]
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Internal applications will be received via email at email@example.com and external applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
Applications will be received up until 4:00 PM on July 11, 2019
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com.
Accommodation Statement: If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
A Successful Candidate who is not currently employed with the Waterloo Catholic DSB will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.