Reporting to the Senior Manager of Financial Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Day to day operation, supervision, and support of the accounts payable and accounts receivable departments
- Provide financial and technical support, including training to board and school personnel concerning financial transactions and information
- Understand and consistently apply board policies as they relate to accounting department
- Maintain tangible capital assets database
- Maintain monthly account reconciliations and submit government remittances
- Prepare annual Charity and Trust tax returns
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of month end reports
- Assist with the year end audit
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Assist schools with school generated funds
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional accounting designation or actively pursuing a designation
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and advanced computer applications
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a supervisory role and related work
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and language skills
- School board or other public sector experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Dynamics NAV and excel
Salary Range: PASS Level 6, Salary Range: 68,942 – 81,109 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Permanent full time: 35 hours per week
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at :https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until November 2, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.