CUPE Local 2512 January 7, 2019
Administrative Assistant (Continuing Education) – Level 4
Job Posting #C-2019-01
(Seniority is a determining factor)
General Description of Duties:
Supporting: Hairstyling program, Culinary Arts program, and Credits@Work Coop Programs
- Data entry of Secondary School Credit information, registrations and schedules into Trillium.
- Set up school year, schedules, report periods and class assignments in Trillium.
- Verify accuracy of registration and attendance information for the all the above programs.
- Respond to inquiries about the programs; prepare and complete correspondence related to the application and acceptance process.
- Assist in maintaining program policies and processes for the programs.
- Administer cash/credit card/debit payments for student registrations, and other student program costs, and perform accounting duties as required.
- Use a variety of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Publisher) to prepare letters, memos, reports, communications, publications, presentations and certificates.
- Purchasing of supplies for the Hairstyling and Culinary Arts programs.
- Assist Department Heads and program instructors with the planning and execution of program orientation and graduation sessions.
- Liaise with the administration and leadership staff.
- Compile, maintain and electronically file confidential student records, ie, report cards, registration information, payments.
- Support the main office staff during peak periods to register students and provide general information regarding all St. Louis programs.
- General office duties such as, filing, faxing, scanning, receiving/sorting mail, collecting/distributing parcels as directed.
- Interact with board employees, students, general public, business representatives, representatives from professional agencies, government and other social service establishments.
- Other office duties as assigned and required.
- Two (2) year college diploma in a related field of Business or Office Administration or equivalent and relevant office experience.
- 1-2 years similar work experience.
- Demonstrated time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills to support a fast paced environment.
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative.
- Previous knowledge and demonstrated ability in Trillium or other relational database.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with external and internal contacts including those who speak English as a Second Language.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- There will be the need to work ocassional or infrequent evenings with significant advance notice.
Hourly Rate: $23.46 – $24.83 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (includes 1-hour unpaid lunch break)
Location: St. Louis Adult Learning Centre, Main Campus in Kitchener, ON
Weeks/Year: Approx. 52 weeks/year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on January 16, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.