CUPE LOCAL 2512
September 26, 2018
Administrative Assistant I (Continuing Education) – Level 4
Job Posting #C-2018-37
(Seniority is a determining factor)
General Description of Duties:
- Assist with a wide variety of administrative duties related to ESL/LINC programs including the Care for Newcomer Children program.
- Track and administer student and childcare waitlists continuously to ensure maximum registration in programs.
- Greet and register ESL/LINC students and respond to student inquiries.
- Facilitate student attendance processes; run attendance reports and class lists.
- Maintain and update databases related to student records using Harts and iCARE and visitor database.
- Handle/process cash, debit/credit payments, purchase orders and cheques, including preparation of deposit spreadsheets.
- Maintain office and school supplies.
- Operate general office equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines, PA system and computers.
- Update resource catalogue; obtain quotes and track purchases.
- Monitor Navision budget reports.
- Share correspondence and reports with students and staff.
- Provide referrals to other programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) year college diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration.
- 1 – 2 years related work experience.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint software.
- Experience in database management and reporting.
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills in a busy work environment.
- Take initiative, showing sound judgment and resourcefulness.
- Strong team player with problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making, and research skills.
- Cultural sensitivity when communicating with students and personnel from various community agencies.
- Possess excellent people skills and maintain professional boundaries, while serving clients in an empathetic, respectful and efficient manner.
- Adhere to funder guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles of adult education as well as local agencies and the supports they provide would be a definite asset.
- Knowledge of the Board and funder policies and procedures would be a definite asset.
Hourly Rate: $23.46 to $24.83 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week
Work schedule determined by the Administrator
Location: St. Louis Adult Learning Centre
Assigned to the St. Francis Campus, Kitchener, ON
Weeks/Year: Approx. 41 weeks/year
Effective Date: October 22, 2018
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on October 4, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.