CUPE Local 2512 October 23, 2018
Administrative Assistant (Secondary) [Part-time] – Level 3
Opportunity Bulletin #OB-2018-09
(Seniority is not a determining factor)
NOTE: During the 2018-2019 School year, this assignment will be temporarily re-assigned to John Sweeney Elementary School in the capacity as a 2nd Administrative Assistant role. This assignment will assist at St. Mary’s during peak periods of registration with St. Mary as the “home location” of this assignment.
General Description of Duties at John Sweeney Catholic Elementary School:
- To assist with the administrative duties of the school on a daily basis including,
- Reception including phones greeting and directing parents, staff, student & visitors; assisting students with their needs.
- Recording students on early dismissal and late arrivals.
- Distribute mail, courier and correspondence; photocopy as required.
- Assist with JK Registration.
- Perform other duties as required.
General Description of Duties at St. Mary Catholic Secondary School:
- This assignment will perform all the duties identified for John Sweeney, except JK Registration, Responsible
- Respond to inquiries where directed by the principal, schedule meetings and appointments.
- Provide break coverage and support to other admin assistants in the school.
- Provide clerical support to the guidance and SAS areas as needed.
- Operate, maintain and update the Trillium System and use the Trillium System for attendance purposes, recording new information, creating school reports and registrations.
- Compile, maintain and file confidential records such as Ontario Student Records (O.S.R.), budget records, staff and student absenteeism, requisitions and reports.
- Some responsibility for handling/processing cash, purchace orders and cheques.
- Distribute reports, ie letters to parents, monthly newsletters, memos, monthly reports and confidential records.
- Maintain office and school supplies.
- Facilitate student attendance procedures
- Possess a two (2) year college diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration.
- 1 – 2 years related work experience.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint software.
- Operate office equipment ie, photocopiers, fax machines, PA system.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Knowledge and ability in Trillium (or similar relational database), Edge 4 and Navision (an asset).
- Ability to plan work from general procedures and make decisions using ingenuity, initiative, judgment and resourcefulness.
- Strong problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making, leadership and research skills.
- Understand and follow Board policies and procedures; awareness of Ministry policies would be an asset.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
Hourly Rate: $22.88 to $24.21 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Part-time, 17.5 hours per week
Assignment @ John Sweeney, schedule: 8:45 am to 12:15 pm
Location(s): John Sweeney Catholic Elementary School, Kitchener, ON
(Temporary for the 2018-2019 school year)
St. Mary’s High School, Kitchener, ON
Weeks/Year: Approx. 42 weeks/year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Qualified and interested internal applicants who wish to increase or decrease their contractual status or interested external candidates are requested to submit an application complete with a resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you are an internal applicant that has been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on October 31, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities on your application. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
If the successful candidate is external to the WCDSB, you will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.