Administrative Assistant Supply List
October 11, 2018
At the Waterloo Catholic District School Board, we believe that preparing students today for the challenges of an ever-changing world is our highest priority and our reputation is proof that we work hard to accomplish this responsibility. To meet the demands of today’s educational needs, we invite all interested applicants to apply to this posting for consideration of our Administrative Assistant Supply List.
The following are examples of Administrative Assistant positions available at our Board:
- Administrative Assistant (Elementary)
- Administrative Assistant (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Lead (Elementary)
- Administrative Assistant – Library (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Attendance (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Guidance (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Student Information Systems (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Program Services (Board Office)
- Administrative Assistant – Student Services (Board Office)
- Administrative Assistant – Lead (Secondary)
- Administrative Assistant – Continuing Education (St. Louis Adult Learning Centres)
- Administrative Assistant – Maintenance
- Administrative Assistant – Facility Services
General Description of Duties:
- Reception duties – including receiving/directing students and visitors, recording and distributing messages, Responding to inquiries, sort, deliver incoming courier mail, arrange Purolator courier pick-ups and delivery;
- Compose, process and complete as directed all correspondence including letters, reports, memos, etc.;
- Compile, maintain and file records and spreadsheets as directed;
- Enter and verify daily staff absenteeism when required;
- Compile, maintain internal & external telephone directory;
- Operate, maintain and monitor general office equipment such as fax machine, photocopier, etc;
- Provide back up to other administrative assistant positions as directed and required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) year college diploma in a related field in either Business Administration or Office Administration;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player;.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in an office environment with frequent interruptions, and deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability in Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Outlook software;
- Working knowledge of the Internet would be a definite asset.
Hourly Rate: $22.88 – $25.55 per hour (dependent upon position)
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on October 19, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.