Secondary School Marker – Correspondence Program
St. Louis Adult Learning & Continuing Education
Posting # AC-2019-97- REPOST
Markers report to the Program Manager and to the Principal of St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education.
Computer Science – ICS3UY
Computer Science – ICS4UY
General Description of Duties:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Mark lessons and provide written feedback in a timely manner, on-line
- Submit student marks in a timely manner, on-line
- All marking is subject to turnaround time as determined by the Program Manager. Summer marking may be a possibility. The ideal candidate would have a degree, and demonstrated strength, in the subject area.
- A current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification
- Senior teaching qualifications in the subject area
- D2L or equivalent knowledge and technical experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency in written English
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with PyGame
- Previous teaching experience in subject area
- Previous Correspondence marking experience
- Previous tutoring experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well with others
- $10.51 per lesson marked, plus Statutory Holiday and Vacation Pay
Hours of Work: Dependent on student lessons submitted
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter. Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: October 8, 2019
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours. The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Vulnerable Sectors Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.