SOCIAL WORKER – 1 position .50 Permanent and .50 Temp Contract (April 9, 2018 – August 31, 2019)
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board with a total student population of 23,000, provides services to students in 52 schools (J.K. to Grade 12) across the Waterloo Region. As a member of the Student Services Team, you will provide assessment and counseling services for students with a broad range of issues. The position involves consultation with students, principals, teachers, parents and community agencies.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Skill in Risk assessment and crisis/critical incident intervention
- Clinical experience in brief counseling and related therapy
- Ability to be a positive, contributing member of a multidisciplinary team
- Member in good standing with the College of Social Workers / Social Service Workers
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle
- The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory criminal background check
- Experience in an educational setting
- Knowledgeable in another language
- Presentation skills in professional / leadership development activities
- Familiarity with a wide range of special education programs and services
SALARY RANGE: $57,701 – $88,726 per year (based on evaluation of years of experience in accordance with the provisions of the APSSP Collective Agreement).
If you possess the skills, qualifications and personal attributes listed above, please send a covering letter, complete resume and copy of registration with the College of Social Workers/Social Service Workers, to the undersigned, by no later than 4:00pm on February 7, 2018.
Please include the posting number and your name in the subject line of the email.
(POSTING #APSSP 2018-01)
Melissa Resmer, Human Resource Services Officer
Waterloo Catholic District School Board
PO Box 91116, 35 Weber St W.
Kitchener, ON N2G 4G2
email: firstname.lastname@example.org for external candidates or email@example.com for internal applicants
The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
ACCESSIBILITY: To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 578-3660. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.