Supply Literacy & Basic Skills Instructors
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting Number – CE-2019-18
Applications for the position of Supply Literacy and Basic Skills (LBS) Instructor are being accepted by the Core Essentials Program (CorE) at St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres. This is a Literacy and Basic Skills program funded by Employment Ontario’s Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
General Description of Duties:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Delivering learner-centered literacy, and numeracy instruction to adult learners;
- Referring to individualized learner plans to provide assistance to self-directed learners;
- Tracking and assessing learner progress using a variety of assessment methods and tools appropriate to the adult learning environment
- Completing attendance records
- Supporting learners during next-step transitions
- Attending CorE staff meetings and professional development opportunities
- A post-secondary degree or diploma
- Experience teaching adults and a demonstrated ability to relate to a wide variety of adult learners
- Excellent written/oral communications and math skills at the grade 10 academic level
- Ability to adjust instructional style for working one-on-one with learners with various learning styles and needs
- Computer skills: working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and Explorer (Power Point, an asset)
- Teacher of Adults – Literacy Educator Certificate recommended
- Knowledge of Literacy and Basic Skills Program Guidelines and Essential Skills
- Understanding of and demonstrated use of andragogical principles in the adult learning environment
- Familiarity with the Ontario Adult Literacy Curriculum Framework (OALCF)
- Responsible, enthusiastic, and positive, with an ability to work as a team and adapt to a changing environment.
- $33.64 plus vacation pay
Hours of Work: This supply position covers for the Main campus 80 Young St. Kitchener and Cambridge campus (St. Benedict’s) – Monday through Friday from 8:45 to 11:45 am and 12:30 to 3:00 pm. The program runs from September to the end of June.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume. Applications will be received via email at email@example.com Please include the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: Tuesday October 15 at 4 pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours. The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.