General Description of Duties
- Computerized processing of Payroll including set-up, termination, and calculation of deductions, contributions and remuneration;
- Calculation of adjustments for paid and unpaid absences;
- Verify, edit and transmit on-line production reports;
- Timely remittance of statutory and non-statutory deductions;
- Preparation and verification of all journal entries and cheque requests;
- Generate documentation for audits and year end reconciliations;
- Effectively communicate with government agencies, other departments and employees.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma, plus additional accounting courses, as well as the Payroll Administrator Certificate or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of two years Payroll experience in a computerized payroll environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in a variety of software applications, such as Access, IPPS, BAS;
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable government legislation and the ability to interpret and implement terms of employment agreements, pension plans and all payroll related regulations;
- Strong communication and analytical ability with excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated sound decision making skills involving the use of considerable ingenuity, initiative, judgment and resourcefulness;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently.