CLERICAL AND TECHNICAL POSITIONS – SECRETARY – ELEMENTARY
General Description of Duties
- Compose and process correspondence and reports such as letters to parents, administration, monthly reports, confidential records and library materials;
- Compile, maintain and file records and reports and maintain confidential information of same;
- Schedule appointments and community groups, etc.;
- Perform receptionist duties including student registration.
- Secretarial and/or Office Administration courses or a level of knowledge and understanding equivalent plus additional training in keyboarding, office organization and public relations;
- 1-2 years similar work experience;
- Ability to plan work from general procedures and make decisions involving the use of ingenuity, initiative, judgment and resourcefulness;
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in Word and Excel at the basic level with the understanding that these skills will improve beyond the basic level;
- Working knowledge of computer operated systems;
- Previous supervisory experience techniques;
- Courses in self-development or management.