Job Posting #: PASS 2018-33
General Description of Duties:
- Oversee and coordinate major capital projects ensuring that each project is completed in accordance with project timelines, budgets and WCDSB standards.
- Assist in the maintenance of the capital asset management database (VFA/TCPS) including the completion of annual updates and Ministry of Education reporting
- Determine deficiencies and execute maintenance projects to meet needs of the Schools/Board offices.
- Review contract documents and specifications for the procurement of professional and contract services
- Responsible for the progress of assigned construction/maintenance projects and attend job site meetings
- Review and monitor progress draws, change notices, schedules
- Liaise and determine resolutions between school staff, project consultants, contractors and municipal building officials
- Review and prepare tender documents for a variety of building and site related projects
- Assist in the development of and updating of building construction standards
- Ensure asset and drawing database information is updated at completion of projects
- Develop construction estimates for proposed projects
- Serve as Facility Services On Call emergency response contact on a rotation basis
- 3 year Diploma in Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Engineering Technology program
- Minimum three years experience in a related position preferably in an institutional environment or a combination of construction and facility management experience
- An applied knowledge of building systems with particular emphasis on mechanical, electrical and structural components and energy management within institutional or commercial buildings
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
- Knowledge of Autocad (version 2008 or higher) and Microsoft Office software is essential.
- Ability to read & understand construction drawings & specifications as well as familiarity with the construction tender process
- Excellent written, verbal communication, analytical and organizational skills;ability to work within firm time schedules and budgets
- Valid drivers license and personal vehicle
Salary Range: $56,842 – $66,870 plus an allowance ($3,978-$4,681) per year
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time. 35 hours per week
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at email@example.com. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until 4pm on January 11, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities in your submission.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.