Early Childhood Education Supervisor
This position will report to the Superintendent responsible for the extended day program. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Liaison between designated early childhood educators (DECEs) and the school administrators as well as board office departments;
- Assist Human Resource Services in the recruitment and staffing of designated early childhood educators for the WCDSB;
- Provide management support to administrators related to performance issues and staffing needs;
- Provide direction to designated early childhood educators and administrators with respect to staffing requests adhering to the CUPE collective agreement;
- Assist schools in developing effective schedules for the designated early childhood educators;
- Provide support to designated early childhood educators on instructional strategies for all learners;
- Identify and deliver professional development supports and opportunities for both designated early childhood educators and the early learning teams in collaboration with the Learning Services consultant;
- Create procedures for ensuring designated early childhood educators develop clear and effective communication between teachers, administrators and educational assistants;
- Assist and model for the designated early childhood educators instruction, program development and delivery strategies for the extended day programs; review and develop programs to meet the varying needs of school communities being served;
- Monitor extended day budget including revenue and expenses to ensure a cost recovery model of operation;
- Determine viability of extended day programs at sites;
- Identify strategies for a safe environment for both students and staff in extended day programs;
- Address parent concerns and resolve conflicts in regard to extended day program issues and billing;
- Act as liaison with the Region of Waterloo, the Ministry of Education and internal WCDSB departments on issues related to the extended day program planning, registration, billing and collection of fees;
- Other duties as assigned.
- An Early Childhood Education Degree or major in a similar subject area. Consideration will be given to those with an Early Childhood Education diploma and currently enrolled in the Early Childhood Education degree program;
- Pastoral letter of reference found at: https://wcdsb.ca/wp-content/uploads/sites/36/2018/07/HR007F_PastoralRefTeachECEExtended.pdf
- 5 years of progressive management experience in a school or early learning setting;
- Member in Good Standing with the Ontario College of Designated early childhood educators;
- Knowledge of Ministry of Education full day early learning kindergarten program;
- Experience in planning and implementing age appropriate programs;
- High level of perception to evaluate situations and make recommendations;
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills;
- Basic computer competency and knowledge of databases;
- Knowledge of related legislation;
- Must possess a valid drivers licence and be able to use own vehicle;
- Knowledge and understanding of the expectations of the position of a Designated Early Childhood Educator in a school Board setting would be an asset;
- Certification in first aid or CPR an asset.
Salary Range: PASS Level 7, Salary Range: 73,769 – 86,789 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment.
Hours of Work: Permanent full time: 35 hours per week/ 52 weeks per year. NOTE: Flexible hours of work based on the needs of the system. Hours of work can range from 7 am to 6 pm to ensure the incumbent is available to extended day sites
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at email@example.com . for external applicants and firstname.lastname@example.org for internal applicants. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until November 30, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.