Educational Assistant Supply List
October 11, 2018
At the Waterloo Catholic District School Board, we believe that preparing students today for the challenges of an ever-changing world is our highest priority and our reputation is proof that we work hard to accomplish this responsibility. To meet the demands of today’s educational needs, we invite all interested applicants to apply to this posting for consideration of our Educational Assistant Supply List.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist with the implementation of Individual Education Plan/Behaviour Support Plan under the direction of the Classroom teacher and Special Education teacher.
- To assist students with hygiene and personal care such as toileting, feeding, dressing and mobility devices.
- To assist students who are experiencing behavioural difficulties.
- To assist students who may be physically and verbally aggressive.
- To assist with mobility and transferring from various positions (this may require lifting).
- To assist operation of specialized equipment.
- To assist in occupational and physiotherapy strategies as directed by school personnel in consultation with School Health Services.
- To assist with the supervision of in-school and out-of-school activities for students with challenging needs.
- To assist students with challenging needs in meeting/boarding the bus/taxi.
- To assist with data gathering under the direction of the Classroom teacher and Special Education teacher.
- Regular consultation/meeting with In-school team members.
- Minimum an Educational Assistant Diploma; or
- A college diploma/certificate in the following areas will be accepted: Developmental Services Worker/Social Services Worker Diplomas; or
- Early Childhood Education college diploma and a Resource Teacher certificate with related work experience.
- Related work experience with children with special needs.
- BMS (Behaviour Management System) training is a definite asset.
Hourly Rate: $23.46 per hour
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on October 19, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
All successful candidates will be required to pass a physical prescreening test as a condition of employment.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at email@example.com while the internal applicants must apply via firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting is for consideration for the Supply List.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.