Job Posting Number: PASS 2018-23
Temporary Contact Assignment commencing November 2018 for approximately 20 months
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating, proactive and cost effective Workplace Safety and Total Absence Management programs, including an attendance program.
- Managing all aspects of Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) claims and accident investigation of claims
- Facilitate return to work programs for disabled employees through collaboration with the worker, unions, managers, and relevant health care professionals to provide modified work accommodations.
- Case-manage and oversee all occupational and non-occupational disability claims.
- Budget management, tracking and projections for specific programs related to attendance management.
- Interpret and monitor collective agreement language as it pertains to sick leave benefit allocation(s), eligibility and adjudication for multiple unionized employee groups.
- Application of collective agreement language to processes and practices, labour relations, and HR information systems for multiple employee groups.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as; Occupational Health, Disability Management, Attendance Management, Human Resources.
- Sound knowledge of the principles of disability and attendance management.
- Experience in all aspects of WSIB claims management and working knowledge of relevant legislation, including Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, WHMIS Regulations and Human Rights Act.
- Demonstrated good judgment skills in crisis situations and proven ability to manage conflict.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Superior computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- 3 to 5 years Attendance/WSIB Claims experience.
- Valid G Drivers License and a reliable vehicle.
- Previous school board experience will be an asset.
Salary Range: PASS Level 6, Salary Range: $68,942 – $81,109 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Full time: 35 hours per week
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for external applicants and email@example.com for internal applicants. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until October 5, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.