International Languages Secondary School Credit Teacher – Simplified Chinese Language
Course Codes: LKB BD, LKB CU, LKB DU
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education
Posting Number: AC-2020-025
General Description of Duties:
- Deliver the secondary school international language curriculum in a classroom setting – Simplified Chinese
- Developing course materials and curriculum content and ensure proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students;
- Identifying students’ individual learning needs and using a variety of instructional strategies including small group, individual, whole class, and co-operative learning experiences;
- Evaluating the progress of students and discussing results with students and parents
- Creating annual reports of students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for improvement;
- Ensuring a safe academic environment conducive to learning;
- Promoting positive attitudes towards, and encouraging enthusiasm for language learning;
- Participating in staff meetings, educational conferences, instructor training workshops, and extracurricular cultural events and activities.
- Hold a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification (If no candidates with an OCT apply, other candidates will be considered)
- Have Intermediate & Senior teaching qualifications in the credit language
- Have demonstrable evidence of instructing in the credit language – Simplified Chinese
- Hold a certification in language instruction from an accredited College or University preferred
- Certified rate $44.01 per hour plus Stat and Vacation Pay
- Uncertified rate $33.85 per hour, plus Stat and Vacation Pay
Hours of Work: Saturdays 9:30 am to 12:30 pm – April 18, 2020 – June 20, 2020
Location: Resurrection Secondary School
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter along with A copy of a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification, Practice teaching reports, Undergraduate and, if applicable, postgraduate university transcripts, Teacher Performance Appraisal (TPA) summative reports or most recent performance appraisals.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: March 30, 2020
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.