CUPE Local 2512
September 24, 2018
Part-time Assistive Technology (A-Tech) Educational Assistant – Level 5
Opportunity Bulletin #OB-2018-07
(Seniority is not a determining factor)
General Description of Duties:
- Support students who require assistive technology to access their learning needs in the classroom.
- Support teachers in implementing and using assistive technology to support student learning.
- Prepare students requiring assistitive technology needs for the completion of school wide exams, tests, assignments, projects and OSSLT.
- Develop a working knowledge of various assistive technology software and hardware including current and newer technologies provided within the WCDSB.
- Support students on a one- to-one basis who require social, emotional and behaviour assistance in a school setting.
- Implement proactive strategies in a learning environment.
- Assist staff with strategies regarding behaviour management especially for students’ with learning differences in the area of assistive technology.
- Work collaboratively with school staff.
- Teach/train students/teachers how to use technologies both on an individual basis and in larger group settings (classroom).
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of an Educational Assistant Certificate; or
- A college diploma/certificate in the following areas will be accepted: Developmental Services Worker/Social Services Worker; or
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate to appropriate individuals on students’ needs and progress.
- Demonstrate knowledge in using a variety of assistive technology (Read and Write, Snapverter, Kurzweil, chromebooks, WordQ, Mindomo, and GAFE).
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve independently and be self-directed.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve technical solutions of assistive technology software/hardware.
- Knowledge of D2L, Google Classroom, SEA ipads, and Boardmaker Online would be a definite asset.
- Technical functional knowledge of general operation and file management skills for laptops, desktops and newer devices such as cromebooks, ipads and livescribe pens as they become available in the schools sites.
Hourly Rate: $25.29 – $26.75 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Part-time, 16.25 hours per week
Work schedule determined by the Administrator
Location: St. Benedict Catholic Secondary School, Cambridge, ON
Weeks/Year: Approx. 41 weeks/year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Qualified and interested internal applicants who wish to increase or decrease their contractual status or interested external candidates are requested to submit an application complete with a resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you are an internal applicant that has been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (and/or email@example.com). Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on October 3, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities in your submission.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.