Supply Teachers – Skills Builder Program
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting Number – AC-2019 – 107
Applications are invited from all qualified and interested staff for the assignment of Supply Teachers – Saturday Skills Builder for the Saturday Skills Builder 2019-2020 program which currently operates at: St. David, St. Mary’s, and St. Benedict. The successful candidates will be assigned from October 2019 to April 2020. This assignment will for a three year term by mutual agreement.
Skills Builder Program
Saturday Skills Builder is an instructional and supportive program for Grades 7 and 8 students who are working either at Level 1 or Level 2 at their Grade level in English and/or Mathematics and need assistance with study skills, problem-solving skills, learning strategies, and confidence building. This Saturday Skills Builder Program begins the Saturday after Thanksgiving (October 14) and is offered every consecutive Saturday from 9:00am-12:00pm until April of each year. There will be no classes held on Saturdays that fall within Statutory Holidays or school closures.
General Description of Duties:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Offer instructional support to students in the area of literacy, numeracy and learning strategies relevant to Grades 7, 8 and 9 curriculum
- Assist students with learning gaps and/or learning goals
- Provide opportunities for orientation to the secondary school environment as well as social interaction within a positive educational setting
- Demonstrate and encourage use of learning tools available (e.g. BrightLink, computer labs)
- Current and valid Ontario Teaching Certificate (Intermediate)
- Basic competency with MS excel
- Preference will be given to Teachers who have taught English and Mathematics at the Intermediate level
- $44.01 per hour plus statutory holiday and vacation pay or $38.02 for supply staff plus stat and vacation pay
Hours of Work: Saturday from 9:00am-12:00pm
Qualified applicants are invited to submit the attached Saturday Skills Builder 2018 Application Form.
Applications will be received until: Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: Tuesday October 15 at 4 pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours. The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.
Saturday Skills Builder Application Form
|Last Name:||First Name:|
|Home Phone #:||Business Phone #:|
I am interested in the Supply Instructor position for Skills Builder program ☐
|Locations willing to work at for Supply Saturday Skills Builder:
☐ St. David CSS ☐ St Benedict CSS ☐ St. Mary CSS
|TEACHING EXPERIENCE PROFILE|
|School||Assignment (Grade/Subject)||Start & End Date|
Please Return Application by no later than October 15, 2019 at 4:00 pm to: