Job Posting Number: UNIFOR 2018-04
The WCDSB maintains a pool of Temporary (Casual) Custodians who are called to replace permanent custodians who are absent from work. A Temporary Custodian may work 10 to 40 hours per week (hours are not guaranteed). Temporary Custodians are not assigned to one specific location and can be asked to work anywhere within Waterloo Region which includes Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Ayr, St. Clement, St. Agatha, Maryhill, New Hamburg and Elmira. A temporary custodian position could lead to a permanent custodian position with the Board.
General Housekeeping Duties
- Dusting and Sanitizing surfaces
- Wet and dry mopping
- Polishing and scrubbing floors, operating auto scrubbers and buffers
- Stripping and re-finishing floor surfaces
- Garbage and recycle collection and removal (inside and outside)
- Snow removal, salting and sanding as required for safety
- May include operating of equipment such as snow blowers and riding lawnmowers.
- Maintain cleanliness of the building and grounds in all respects
- Perform related duties as required for the daily operations of the site.
- Assist with arranging physical set up for site rentals, in-school dances and activities
- Maintenance of Logs and Files
- Follow proper cleaning schedules to maintain expected standards of cleanliness
- Follow Board practices, procedures in relation to attendance, health and safety
- Co-operates with colleagues, staff and students to assist in creating positive working relationships.
- High school (grade 12) diploma or GED – (Must provide proof of qualifications)
- Previous commercial/industrial cleaning experience preferred
- Basic computer knowledge (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Able to communicate effectively
- Good attendance record preferred
- Must be physically capable to meet the physical demands of the job.
- The Successful Candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
Salary: $18.16 per hour plus shift premium
Interested applicants are asked to please send a covering letter and complete resume to the address below, by no later than 4:00 pm on September 4, 2018. Please ensure that you include the posting number and your name in the subject line of the email or on the outside of the envelope.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
ACCESSIBILITY: To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com or call (519) 578-3660. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.
Please use one method of application only.
Only those with the required qualifications will be contacted.