WATERLOO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Invites applicants for the position of
Full time Behaviour Analyst
APSSP 2018 – 09
The Behavioural Analyst will be responsible to undertake the following:
- Conduct data driven functional behaviour assessments/analysis
- Administer & interpret level “B” assessment materials (non-diagnostic systems)
- Monitor functional behaviour interventions and data recording systems
- Liaise between home, school, system staff and community (as appropriate)
- Provide clinical consultation to families and staff in conjunction with the Behaviour Team Clinical Psychologist
- Actively participate as a member of the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Team
- Build capacity by offering professional development to school and system staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Masters Degree with specialization in areas such as psychology, science, or other areas deemed equivalent. BCBA designation or the Ontario BACB Alternative Qualifications is required. Consideration will be given for applicants currently in pursuit of BCBA designation. Proof will be required.
- Qualification training level “B” assessment testing materials
- Experience with the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI)
- Experience working with children and youth with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Dual Diagnosis
- Experience with the development of proactive behaviour intervention & modification
- Experience in the scientific field of applied behavioural analysis, behaviour modification & CPS
- Experience with school aged children in an educational setting is essential
- Experience with students with exceptional behavioural challenges & needs
- Must possess excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Hold a current behaviour management systems certificate or equivalent
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and data software
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Participation in ongoing professional leadership development activities to enhance clinical practice
- Familiarity with a wide range of special education services
$58,278 – $89,613 per year based on 194 school days per year and evaluation of years of experience in accordance with the provisions of the APSSP Collective Agreement.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter. Applications will be received via email at email@example.com for external applicants or firstname.lastname@example.org for internal applicants. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: December 11, 2018 at 4:00pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.