Southwest Kitchener Accommodations
The accommodation review process for Southwest Kitchener will follow the boundary review process as outlined in the Board’s Pupil Accommodation Review Process. This review involves Blessed Kateri, Blessed Sacrament, John Sweeney, Monsignor Haller, Our Lady of Grace, and St. Timothy.
- John Sweeney Boundary Change – effective September 2009
- St. Timothy Boundary Change – effective September 2009
The Board of Trustees approved Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the preferred option and all of the implementation recommendations as recommended by the Southwest Kitchener ARC. The following motion was approved Monday March 30, 2009.
2009-30 — It was moved by Fr. R. Hetu and seconded by D. Blum:
THAT the Southwest Kitchener Accommodation Review Committee recommendations be accepted as follows:
- That, effective September 2009, the boundaries for St. Timothy, Blessed Kateri, John Sweeney, Our Lady of Grace and Blessed Sacrament be modified in accordance with Phase I of the Preferred Option;
- That the Board consider a grand-parenting provision to allow students entering Grade 8 in September 2009 to finish their elementary schooling at their existing school – recognizing that no transportation would be provided;
- That Board administration monitor enrolment at Blessed Kateri, Our Lady of Grace and Blessed Sacrament to determine the appropriate timing for the implementation of Phase 2;
- That the Board proceed with the construction of a 138 pupil place (6 classroom) addition to John Sweeney;
- That administration proceed with the acquisition of a school site in the Huron Community’
- That a new school in the Huron Community be built at such time as enrolment warrants, subject to Ministry approval for construction funding — Carried by consensus.
The following boundary changes will be presented to the Board of Trustees on Monday February 23rd, 2009. Recommendations regarding timing, grandparenting provisions, etc. can be found in the final report.
The below options were presented at the public open house held February 3, 2009.
The below options were presented at the December 9th & 10th public open houses. The north options include boundary options related to John Sweeney, Blessed Sacrament, Monsignor Haller, and Our Lady of Grace. South options include boundary options related to Blessed Kateri and St. Timothy.
- Option 1 (south)
- Option 2 (north)
- Option 3 (south)
- Option 4 (north)
- Option 5 (south)
- Public Comment Sheet – Mtg 1
- Accommodation Review Committee (ARC) Meeting #1
- ARC Minutes – January 14, 2009
- ARC Minutes – December 2, 2008
- ARC Minutes – November 17, 2008
- ARC Minutes – October 22, 2008
Monday February 23, 2009 – 6:00pm
- Presentation of the ARC’s preferred options and recommendations to the Board of Trustees.
- Parents and members of the public have the opportunity to address the Trustees with their comments and concerns. Those wishing to register as delegations must register by the Wednesday preceding the meeting. To register as a delegation please contact Barb Pilsner at email@example.com or by calling 519-578-3660 ext. 2239. For more information regarding delegations, please click here.
Monday March 30, 2009 – 6:00pm
- A decision by the Board of Trustees is scheduled to be made.
Location of both meetings:
Catholic Education Centre
35 Weber St. W., Unit A, Kitchener
(Former St. Mary’s High School – Corner of Weber St. W. & Ontario St. in downtown Kitchener)