Summer Boost Program
We currently do not have confirmation of funding for our Summer Learning Programs, including Summer Boost. At this time, we will not open registration for the Summer Boost Program. We anticipate that we will have more news closer to April 2019. Any confirmation of programming and/or registration will be sent out via Newswire. Thank you for your patience as we await word from the Province.
Literacy and Numeracy Programs offered to all Grade 1 to 6 students in our community!
Monday to Friday (15 Days)
8:30am – 12:30pm
- Kitchener – St. Dominic, St. John, Monsignor Haller
- Waterloo – Our Lady of Lourdes, St. Agnes
- Cambridge – Holy Spirit, Christ the King
Register and Experience the Difference Summer Boost Makes!
Want to see your child improve his/her math, reading, writing and problem solving skills and be READY for next year? Through our Summer Boost program teachers and students from Grade 1 to 6 as of September 2018 will experience three fun-filled weeks of learning and growing together. The goal of Summer Boost is to provide an exciting educational program aimed at improving the numeracy and literacy skills of our students.
- Have a variety of opportunities for hands on learning from Science experiments to trips to the Outdoor Education center and Library;
- Served healthy snacks daily and will be engaged in regular physical activity that emphasizes teamwork, skills and sportsmanship;
- Engaged in fun literacy/numeracy activities at school and home with family members as part of the Home Numeracy/Literacy Program;
- Receive an integrated arts education as cooperative activities will be designed each week to promote creative and thinking and expression through music, drama and visual arts;
- Access technology including chromebooks;
- Make new friends and develop a belief in themselves as learners through the power of perseverance.