CUPE Local 2512 February 28, 2019
(Seniority is a determining factor)
Administrative Assistant (Experiential Learning) – Level 4
Experiential Learning Department, Catholic Education Centre, Kitchener, ON
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Support of OYAP, Dual Credit Regional Planning Team (RPT), SHSM and Pathway events and initiatives including Skills Ontario & Skills Canada Competitions.
- Support the Community Build Program
- Support technology programming from (grades 6-12)
- Maintenance and support of Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development Office’s EOIS database management system.
- Support promotion, planning and execution of Experiential Learning opportunities, events and initiatives.
- Support recruitment of Cooperative education placements.
- Other duties as assigned based on new events and Ministry initiatives.
- Possess a college diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration or equivalent, and knowledge/experience of trades and apprenticeship.
- Possess 1-2 years related work experience.
- Proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Programs
- Maintenance of website (WordPress) for experiential learning programs.
- Knowledge of Google Applications for Education (GAFE).
- Prepare communications to students, parents and school staff – maintain student data including updating personal information and reporting to the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities (MTCU)
- Monitor, track and reconcile the experiential learning budget lines.
- Complete Ministry reporting as required. Maintain accurate data in the completion of these reports
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Entering supply coverage into (ERO) Electronic Registrar Online.
- Coordination of special event correspondence – experiential learning.
- Ensure management and privacy of student confidential records.
- Problem solving/Decision Making/Conflict Resolution.
- Task prioritization.
- A flexible schedule will be required on occasion, such as a few evenings and one or two weekends based on the program needs.
- Travel required to schools and various community placements.
- Have a reliable vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s license as travel throughout the Waterloo Region may be required.
- Knowledge of related Ministry of Education, Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities and Apprenticeship(MTCU) pathway policy/procedures
- Knowledge of Hour Republic (version of Charity Republic).
- Experience in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of program: Navision, SmartFind, Trillium, GAFE
- Experience in event coordination and management.
- Ability to coordinate with external contacts in schools, businesses and independent service providers.
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety and related safety training.
- Knowledge of skills and competencies related to apprentice programs and trades across the four sectors (service, industrial, motive power, construction).
Hourly Rate: $23.69 – $25.08 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week
Flexible hours as per the needs of the department
Weeks/Year: Approximately 42 weeks/year (Last week of August to end of June)
Location: Catholic Education Centre , Kitchener , ON
[Please note that due to renovations at the Catholic Education Centre, the Experiential Learning Department during the period of March 1-August 30, 2019, will be temporarily moved to St. Francis School in Cambridge , ON.]
Effective Date: ASAP
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Internal applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and external applications will be received via email at email@example.com. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
Applications will be received up until 4:00 PM on March 8, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation Statement: If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
A Successful Candidate who is not currently employed with the Waterloo Catholic DSB will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.